NRCA has announced it will begin new sessions for its Executive Management Institute (EMI) beginning Nov. 11. According to the association, EMI is a unique educational experience for seasoned roofing executives that provides high-level concepts to real-world roofing industry problems. EMI consists of two in-person sessions, held at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management’s downtown Chicago campus. The first session will be held Nov. 11-14. EMI’s second session will take place April 8-9, 2018.
According to NRCA, executive education allows business leaders to focus on identifying and setting specific goals; encourages self-awareness and leadership development; and provides a platform to facilitate networking and exchange among peers.
EMI sessions will address two topics:
1. EMI leadership through improved communication:
• Develop your leadership persona by examining how others see you, and learn how to make changes to have more impact as a leader in your company.
• Become objective of your message and communication style by learning how others hear you. Learn to tailor your communications to become a more effective business leader.
2. Succession planning, including financial considerations:
• Identify a vision for the future of your company by looking at models for the eventual transfer of it to a family or non-family member.
• Carry out your vision by developing a process for succession, and create a plan for a smooth transition from one owner to the next.
For additional program details and application procedures, click here.
Published at Thu, 07 Sep 2017 16:00:13 +0000